OPP: Almost half of those who die in alcohol/drug-related road crashes are not the impaired driver

OPP: Almost half of those who die in alcohol/drug-related road crashes are not the impaired driver

Over the past 15 years (since 2003), 987 people have died in preventable alcohol/drug-related collisions on Ontario Provincial Police -patrolled roads. OPP say 464 (47 per cent) of the 987 deceased were innocent victims in these crashes, while the other 523 (53 per cent) were the at-fault impaired driver. “The staggering number of innocent people who die in alcohol or drug-related collisions tells […]

Arrest warrant issued for London woman after fatal hit-and-run

Arrest warrant issued for London woman after fatal hit-and-run

An arrest warrant has been issued for a 29-year-old woman who is wanted in connection with a fatal hit-and-run that occurred in London Tuesday. Police say the victim has been identified as Deborah Titus, 64, of London. The investigation determined that Titus’ property had been stolen. She was attempting to retrieve that property from a […]

Premier Wynne will begin her third business mission to China

Premier Wynne will begin her third business mission to China

Premier Kathleen Wynne will begin her third business mission to China on Friday in Beijing. Government officials say the Premier will showcase what Ontario has to offer as one of the best, most competitive places in the world to do business and invest. “As Premier, I want to make sure Ontario businesses have every opportunity […]

Fatal house fire in North Middlesex

Fatal house fire in North Middlesex

One person is dead after an early morning house fire in North Middlesex. Members of the Middlesex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the North Middlesex Fire Department responded to a house fire on Queen Street, north of the Village of Ailsa Craig at around 4:30 a.m. Police found the home engulfed by fire. Neighbouring residents […]

Windsor police seek assault suspects

Windsor police seek assault suspects

Windsor police are seeking the public’s help in identifying two assault suspects. On Thursday October 19th, at approximately 2:20 a.m., patrol officers were dispatched to the area of Ouellette Avenue and Tuscarora Street for a report of a male victim who was assaulted by two males, after leaving nearby business. Officers arrived and observed paramedics […]

London police investigate fatal pedestrian hit and run

London police investigate fatal pedestrian hit and run

UPDATE: Police have located the vehicle involved in the fatal hit and run. ——- A woman died after being hit by a vehicle near Dundas Street and Ashland Avenue in London yesterday afternoon. The vehicle fled the scene. Emergency crews responded to the hit and run shortly before 2 p.m. The woman has succumbed to […]

Windsor police investigate serious crash

Windsor police investigate serious crash

One person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries following a crash between a SUV and a motorcycle Friday at around 9 p.m. in Windsor. Police say the involved motorcycle had been reported stolen on May 25th. The motorcycle sustained extensive damage. The alleged driver of the motorcycle was transported to hospital via ambulance […]

Province requires colleges to establish dedicated student support funds with net strike savings

Province requires colleges to establish dedicated student support funds with net strike savings

Ontario is ensuring that college students returning to classes following the strike will receive the support they need to complete their studies. The province has required colleges to establish dedicated student support funds with net savings from the strike that will assist students who have experienced financial hardship as a result of the strike. Government […]

Driver in critical condition after crash on Oneida Nation of the Thames

Driver in critical condition after crash on Oneida Nation of the Thames

Friday at around 10:30 p.m. Oneida Nation of the Thames First Nation Police responded to a report of an injured conscious man on the roadway. Police learned that a vehicle was travelling westbound on Oneida Road from Ball Park Road when it left the roadway and rolled numerous times. The lone male driver was then ejected […]

1 2 3 235