Windsor police investigate robbery at convenience store
Police are investigating after a convenience store was robbed in Windsor early Wednesday morning.
Patrol officers responded to a report of a robbery that had just occurred at a convenience store located in the 1600 block of Tecumseh Road East at around 3:45 a.m.
Police say a male suspect entered the store and approached an employee who was behind the front counter. The suspect brandished what the employee believed to be a black handgun and demanded money. A quantity of cash was taken, and the suspect fled the business on foot. No injuries were reported. The suspect is described as:
- approximately 6′ in height
- slender build, weighing approximately 165 lbs
- wearing all black sweat pants with a small white “Under Armour” logo on the right thigh
- wearing a solid black hooded sweat shirt
- suspect concealed his identity with a black stocking concealing his head and face area
Anyone with information is asked to contact Windsor police at 519-255-6700 ext. 4830, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 519-258-8477 (TIPS) or online at www.catchcrooks.com