Smoke alarm alerts homeowner to house fire in Raleigh

House fire in Raleigh. Photo: CKFES.

A homeowner was able to escape a recent house fire in Raleigh thanks to a working smoke alarm.

CKFES Station 15 responded to a garage fire at 21632 Charing Cross Rd. Sunday around 4 p.m.

When crews arrived on scene, they found the garage fully involved and the fire had spread to the home due to the severity of the blaze.

Additional crews were dispatched from Station 12 (Harwich) and Station 18 (Blenheim) to assist with the firefighting operations.

Damages are estimated at $300,000.

The fence and a vehicle were also exposed to the fire.

Fire officials say it was fortunate that a working smoke alarm in the house gave the homeowner, who was home alone at the time of the fire, warning allowing him to escape the developing fire uninjured.

Working smoke alarms save lives. Sign up for a CHiRP Check to ensure your alarms are working, located in the right place and not expired. Call 519-360-1998 or visit at www.ckfes.ca

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login