Municipal offices closed on Victoria Day
Municipal offices and most services will be closed Monday, May 21st, in recognition of Victoria Day.
Other services are scheduled as follows:
- Police, Fire and Ambulance are operational 24 hours a day, every day, and are accessible by dialling “911” for emergency calls only.
- All branches of the Chatham-Kent Public Library will be closed Monday. Administration offices will be closed.
- Blenheim Gable Rees Rotary Pool and Wallaceburg Sydenham Pool are open Saturday and Sunday with regular schedules and will be closed on the holiday Monday.
- During this time, Cemeteries staff will be available on call for funeral homes who are in need of at-need lot sales or interment orders.
- Collection services will be delayed by one day the week of May 21. Refer to the Recycling and Waste Collection Guide for further details.
- The Harwich and Wallaceburg Transfer Stations will be closed Monday. All other transfer stations will be open regular hours.
- All Leaf and Yard Depots will be closed.
- The Provincial Offences Court will be closed on Victoria Day and will re-open on Tuesday, May 22nd at 8:30 a.m. Note that during office closures fines can continue to be paid on-line at www.paytickets.ca
- CK Transit services will not be operating with the exception of the Seasonal Interurban Transit Route S1 serving Chatham, Erieau and Mitchell Bay with stops in Grande Point, Pain Court, Charing Cross and Blenheim. This route starts this Friday May 18 and operates every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday including Victoria Day, Civic Holiday and Labour Day between the hours of 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- The Health and Family Services building, including the offices of Public Health, Employment & Social Services, Housing Services and Child Care and Early Years will be closed Monday, May 21, reopening Tuesday, May 22. The Employment Resource Centres located at 240 King Street West, Chatham and 786 Dufferin Avenue, Wallaceburg, will also be closed during this time.
The Chatham-Kent Homeless Response Line is available during that time at 519-354-6628.
Essential public health services are available by calling 1-866-446-8207.
Riverview Gardens – Reception and administrative offices will be closed May 21, but services, activities and visiting hours continue as normal. Nursing staff can be reached 24/7 by calling 519-352-4823.
PUC at 325 Grand Avenue East will be closed Monday. The emergency call number is 519-352-6300.
Entegrus at 320 Queen Street will be closed Monday.
Chatham-Kent Tourism office will be closed Monday. Information may be accessed online at www.visitck.ca anytime.