Construction begins today on Grand Avenue West
Grand Avenue West between Lacroix Street and Churchill Street will be down to one lane in each direction with straight through traffic only starting today.
The following turning restrictions will be implemented:
- No Left turns in each direction (Monday April 16th to Friday June 8th)
- No right turns, except where signs are posted to permit right turns under certain construction conditions (Monday April 16th to Friday June 8th)
Expect delays to traffic on Lacroix Street/Sandys Street and Grand Avenue West. Use alternative routes if possible. CKTransit routes will be maintained, however, delays may occur. This project has an estimated completion date of the end of June, 2018.
Municipal officials say the project will consist of:
- Watermain replacement
- Storm and sanitary sewer replacement
- Traffic signal replacement (Grand and Lacroix)
- Curb and sidewalk replacements
- Roadway base reconstruction and asphalt paving
- Road widening at Grand Avenue/Lacroix Street to accommodate new right turn lane.