Thanksgiving closures for the municipality
Here is a list of municipal offices and services that are closed over Thanksgiving.
- Municipal offices including service desks will be closed Monday October 12.
OPERATIONAL SERVICES ON THE CIVIC HOLIDAY
- CK Transit services will run on Saturday, but not on Sunday or Monday. Chatham Accessible and Wallaceburg Accessible services will run on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Route maps and schedules are available from your local municipal centre or online at www.chatham-kent.ca.
Pools and Arenas
- The Blenheim Gable Rees Rotary Pool and Wallaceburg Sydenham Pool are closed Monday, October 12.
- All branches of the Chatham-Kent Public Library will be closed Monday, October 12 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Culture and Tourism
- Thames Art Gallery and Chatham- Kent Museum are open Monday October 12 from 1-5 p.m.
- The Cultural Centre Box Office will be closed on Monday.
- The Chatham-Kent Visitor Information Centre and RM Classic Car Exhibit will be open regular hours from 9:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, and closed on Sunday and Monday.
Waste and Recycling
- Garbage/Recycling collection services will be one day later for the entire week of October 12. Please refer to the Residential Recycling and Waste Collection Calendar for further details.
- Harwich Transfer Station, Wallaceburg Transfer Station, and Chatham Leaf and Yard Depot will be closed on Monday October 12. All other transfer stations will be open their regular hours for the weekend leading up to the holiday.
Health and Family Services
- Health and Family Services - offices of Employment and Social Services; Housing Services, Children’s Services and Public Health will be closed Monday.
- Clinic Services will be closed Monday.
- Essential after-hours Public Health services are available by calling 1-866-446-8207.
- Riverview Gardens long-term care home, administrative offices will be closed on Monday, but facilities are working.
- Cemetery staff will be on call to handle cemetery business for funeral home operations. Burial orders for Monday, October 12 or Tuesday, October 13 must be placed with the Cemetery Office by 1 p.m. on Friday, October 9.